I love to cook, but there are days when I want something easy, fast, and delicious, and this salad certainly fits the bill!
This recipe is so easy, and so quick, you’ll be eating it all summer long! Nutritious, high protein, fun to adjust and play around with, and delicious too! It’s great for packed lunches, pot-luck offerings, side dishes or a main course, it’s up to you!
Here’s the basic recipe:
- 1 lb fresh mozerella cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 medium/large cucumbers cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 can (15oz) mixed salad beans, garbonzo beans, or other favorite beans
- 1 can (15oz) whole kernel sweet corn
- 1 can (6oz) pitted ripe black olives, cut in halves
- 1 bottle (12oz) Italian-style salad dressing
- 2-4 scallions, finely chopped
- black pepper to taste
- hot sauce or hot pepper sesame oil to taste (optional)
- Wash, trim, and chop cucumbers and scallions
- Chop mozzarella
- Put everything in a large bowl (I use a 4 quart Pyrex bowl with cover) and stir well
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve
Enjoy! It’s that easy!
- Replace mozzarella with extra-firm tofu, hard-boiled eggs, tempeh or seitan
- Use any kind of bean you like best: garbanzo, black beans, butter beans, etc.
- Instead of plain black olives, try spicy olives, stuffed olives, pickled garlic, or a combination
- Add cherry tomatoes or fresh salsa
- Add fresh chopped herbs: basil, oregano, parsley, mint, dill, cilantro, chives, fennel